TheGovernor.NG – Governance | Economy | Society
TheGovernor.NG is Nigeria’s independent online publication reporting on news from governors offices and state governments in Nigeria
We provide independent coverage of state governors as well as social transformation initiatives of their administration.
We’re a trusted source of news and analysis for government and public sector professionals, including senior managers and key decision-makers at all levels, as well as elected representatives.
Widely read and respected, TheGovernor.NG covers news and in-depth analysis, innovation and best practice examples in all aspects of governance and government operations from around the world.
- an information channel focused on the business of government and governance that brings state governments closer to their citizens;
- a portal that pulls together breaking news and events from governors offices and state governments in Nigeria, with political commentary from a network of columnists.
- a platform for showcasing and promoting successful governance models and good policies at state government level.
- a platform for investment and economic opportunities available, as well as socio-cultural issues in respective states.
- a place where both state governments, communities and businesses could find inspiration for their future initiatives.
Our aim is to enhance the understanding and cohesion between the citizens and their respective state governments. The goal is to keep the citizens informed about the good practices on a state level, by specifically highlighting and honouring the social transformation and empowerment programmes as well as initiatives of state governors.
This will ultimately lead to improved co-operation and exchange of information. It will also contribute to the socio-economic development of the states and cities.
We aim to achieve our goal by also promoting policies, linked to development, in collaboration with a network of civil society organisations.
The portal is dynamic and open to every state government willing to join, no matter how big or small. State House press secretaries will have access to a direct channel through which they can inform citizens of recent achievements and promote interesting projects in line with the shared values. Find more about how to participate from the Add a State section.
TheGovernor.NG also publishes The Governor Magazine, a monthly news magazine.
TheGovernor.NG and The Governor Magazine in digital and print are publications of IBILE Foundation Ltd/GTE, a non-government, non-profit citizens engagement and social welfare organisation based in Lagos, Nigeria.